Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Awesome Title Screen

I finished making the game title out of moving, randomly sized and tinted worm sprites. It looks pretty sweet:

Now I need to improve the other main menu "buttons" (aka, make actual buttons instead of boring text). As for the actual gameplay, I need to finish making the curved paths for predators, and make sequences for winning and losing the game. Progress is happening, though slowly :) .

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Worm Movement

I've been working on making the worms follow your finger as it drags along the screen. This will be used in predator mode to attack or retreat. So far, I've used the vector angle of the normalized touch point (assuming each worm is the origin) to rotate worms, then moved them in a straight line to the destination. This works, but it seems a bit choppy. I need to come up with a way for them to smoothly follow paths.

I've also made some tweaks to improve collision detection efficiency. This helps a lot with large worm counts.

This game is sure taking me a while to finish. Hopefully I'm getting close by now.