I also stopped an annoying bug that created zombie worms, unable to breed or be killed, just swimming around on their own out of the game's control. It seemed to be an issue with scheduling a selector call with CallFuncND before completion of a previous selector call. It would delete worms from the storage array, but the sprite would still remain in memory (and keep the random movement cycle going). Fixed it by stopping all worm actions before calling a new function (kind of an ugly fix, but it works).
Now I will be working on:
- Adding predators which worms can attack or flee from
- Improving the starting menu
- Preventing the heart tool from being used with the population completely full (this can kill off all worms since breeding is stopped)
- Making a few more sprites for various icons and interactions
- Implement a sound system (I still need to decide on a good library for this) and come up with sound effects
- Test the game with iPhone OS 3.0